Friday, October 30, 2009

MORE MARKETING MADDNESS

Hi Guys... In case you missed it... SSC made it to the front page of Etsy. It was a grand moment for me, like my official craft badge... It was amazingly validating especially since the item that was chosen was something that I personally LOVED. Those items are the most fun to make for me.
So on to our post topic... The little front page thing kinda made me kick it in gear in terms of marketing MADNESS. As in how can I kick this up a notch...
So I'm doing Twitter.... and Facebook.... (I pretty much live on facebook personally so this is not so difficult for me.) I use Tweetdeck to manage my personal/business stuff cause its easy...
Then one day I got bored got on facebook and started looking up companies...
I started with Victorias Secret... Cause I had heard on several blogs that their fan page was BadASS.
So I checked it out...
http://www.facebook.com/search/?q=victorias+secret&init=quick#/vspink?ref=search&sid=1304828206.1150368635..1

I was like thats cool and unboring... I hate the boringness of the Facebook fanpage...
and I was like I'm all graphic designerish... This can't be that hard to figure out...
Well it kinda was... but i think the result is WELL worth the trouble.
Check this out. The new improved ShesSoCrafty Fanpage for Sunflower Express: http://www.facebook.com/shessocraftyartanddesign

And how praytell did I accomplish this???
Well it all goes back to this wonderful application called Static FBML...
Search for it in applications and when it comes up click the text that says add to page...
This wonderful little app lets you use HTML on your fanpage for anything...
That's how I got the etsy shop badge on the side of my fanpage and how I was able to link out the images...
So I was wondering... If I could build a whole page, in like photoshop or illustrator and then using images and slice it up save it as html upload the images to my web server and then drop the html in the page and TADA. Custom linked out facebook fanpage. It makes it a little more interesting and WAY COOLER TO LOOK at... I will be hoping to add a full fledged tutorial for this shortly...
If anybody sees this and has any questions FEEL FREE to contact me and I will be glad to help you out... See Branding is your vision and I think its way cooler and funner to have that vision be interesting and make someone want to stay and hang out...
I'm currently running a facebook add (re you should add the visa business app to your page to get the hundred dollar add credit I'm hoping by the time all is said and done I will have like a hundred fans.) I plan to seriously use facebook to market my business and now I think this new format reflects and consolidizes my info in a more cohesive manner. Which is TRES AWESOME. Ok I'm gonna go eat some tacos now.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Powered By Blogger