Friday, October 9, 2009
31 Things I've learned in 31 years
That's right folks ShesSoCrafty is turning 31! Does this freak me out? Not so much. I think I've finally gotten to the place where I am comfortable in my own skin. I have finally embraced being a generally more healthful person.
So I'm totally owning 31. After reflecting for some time I have realized that I have gained alot of knowledge about living in my humble years.
So here it is Lisa's 31 things I've learned in 31 years:
1) Say No. If the idea of doing something or being something that you don't want to be, just put your lips together and say NO.
2) Remember that not everyone's family is created equally. Sometimes the family you make is better, more nourishing and welcoming than the one you were born into. Being born is kinda like a crap shoot.
3) Come to terms with the fact that I will never know EVERYTHING.
4) There is no cure for the blues than a good tube of lip gloss and a hot dress and some cute shoes.
5) You will turn into your mother in some ways... If this idea petrifies you modify the things you can and deal with the crap you can't.
6) If you are a parent the only thing you can do is cross your fingers and jump off the bridge and pray you won't screw up your kid in the same ways your parents screwed you up...
7) & Accept the fact that you will screw them up somehow but hopefully it will be a good screw vs. a bad screw
8) Find Something you love passionately and find a way to make that your career or at least incorporate it into your life on a major level.
9) Stand up for yourself. If you don't no one else will.
10) Doormats are household accessories, and not something I will ever be.
11) Realized that Perfect is the most boring adjective EVER.
12) To love the quirky parts of myself, like the mole on my baby toe, the scar on my hand from climbing a fence when I was 12, my addiction to hotpink nail polish, my aversion to creamy salad dressings and mayonnaise all help to make me me.
13) To realize that my attractiveness in no way corresponds to my dress size...
14) Creativity is and always will be an integral part of my life. Without it I am bound to wither on the vine.
15) Men come and go but your girlfriends will be there to hold your hand when you cry, and hold your hair back when you puke.
16) That the ability to speak your mind with force AND tact is a very valuable skill.
17) Kenny Rogers said it best "You gotta know when to hold em, Know when to fold em, Know when to walk away, Know when to run."
18) That everyone needs to take time to take care of themselves, myself included.
19) Bubble Baths are the answer to world peace.
20) That I will never be normal... or want what everyone else wants, this is the beauty of being me.
21) That Love is only as strong as the risks you take to make it and the easier you make it to recieve it.
22) When it comes to work my self worth is worth MORE to me than any dollar amount anyone can ever give me.
23) A path untaken is a regret waiting to happen. So make sure to consider all of the options carefully.
24) All men are not created equal. If he makes the hair on the back of your neck stand up sometimes it might not be for a good reason.
26) LOVE MY BODY! From which a 9lbs 14 oz son was pulled, has climbed mountains, walked hundreds of thousands of miles, lifted the heaviest of objects and can open the tightest of jars all by myself.
27) Fear is stupid.
28) Change is exhiliarating.
29) Trust my insticts. If something gives me pause there is usually a reason for it.
30) The man that loves you for your mind is usually the one who will love you even more for your body.
31) That speaking your mind is the equivalent to a loaded weapon, when you aim, aim carefully and aim precisely...
So what have you learned?